The Absence of Social Conflict Social Stability in Brave New World In Brave New World, Aldous Huxley introduces the dystopia of a society created on the principle of social stability at all costs. Huxley wrote this book in 1932 hoping to warn future generations of what he feared might happen if society did not do something to stop the inevitable. The leaders of our society today hope for and work towards social stability without taking away primitive rights. Social stability can only be achieved by a society whose beliefs in social and ethical issues are never challenged. So even though modern society hopes for social stability, it is not a practical aspiration because it is obvious that some of the social and ethical issues of our society today are wrong and should be challenged. The control of peopleâ€™s minds; achieved by a strict caste system, hypnopedia, and the hallucinate soma; is used to insure social stability that is so important in the Brave New World society. The leaders of the society do not take in consideration what the effects of these methods might have on the individual, for example an earlier death. In Brave New World, the term social stability could also be termed societal control. This dystopia is similar to a communist government where the top 10% of society controls the lives of the other 90% of the people. The Bokanovsky process and Neo-Pavlovian Conditioning were both developed by the Brave New World society to achieve the strict caste system the society is based on. The Bokanovsky process can make a fertilized egg bud and divide into as many as 96 identical eggs that will mature into 96 identical adults. After the eggs have been fertilized Neo-Pavlovian Conditioning beg... ... is advancement. In the Brave New World society they said that they believed in the advancement of technology, but really they only wanted it advanced enough so that the society would not change. In our society today, our social and ethical ideologies given to us by family, friends, and mass media are that people control their own destiny, happiness is attained by achievement, recycle, reduce, and reuse. All of these ideologies are the opposites of those in the Brave New World society, a society that would remain stable at all costs. Social stability in our society today is hoped for in some ways but will never be achieved. This is because, we want to better ourselves as individuals as well as a society as a whole in any way possible. To do that, it is inevitable that social aspects of our society will change and therefore making our society socially unstable.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.